Wednesday 11 November 2015

Lonely?

Outside, everything was bright. Diyas lit, Akash Kandils hung up, firecrackers bursting on every street, such joy!
But, everything seemed dark around me. I had just moved to a new city to find a job. My family was celebrating Diwali together; I had spoken to everyone in the morning.                                              
The empty apartment did not make me any happier, probably why mother wanted me to have a room mate. I slumped on the couch and heaved a sigh. It had been a long and tough few days. But, I had gotten a job just three days ago; I took it as a good sign. Realizing I was hungry I ordered food...again.
Even after the food had arrived it felt quiet and lonely so I watched a movie, I entered its world. I forgot who I was, what I was doing, why I was there and that was my Diwali.


No comments:

Post a Comment